Written by Tara Zinser
Photography by Jacqueline Waters Photo
“Advice, stories, and memories are forever.”
Of course your mom deserves the world, but cards, gifts, and flowers are temporary. Advice, stories, and memories are forever.
This Sunday, as we set aside time to honor and celebrate and thank the wonderful mothers in our life, we’re challenging ourselves to grow deeper in our relationships with the women who shaped us.
It’s easy to forget that your parents had an entirely different life before you even existed. Their lives are full of moments and experiences and advice that they can’t wait to share.
This Mother’s Day, get curious together. Start by asking her these ten questions. You never know where you might end up!
- Tell me about the day I was born.
- How would you describe yourself to a complete stranger?
- If you could change one thing about your life what would it be and why?
- What was life like for you at my age?
- What family tradition do you cherish the most?
- What’s something that you love most about yourself?
- What was your hardest breakup like?
- When did you know that you were ready to get married?
- Looking back at your life thus far, what are you most proud of?
- What is something I still do not know about you?