Feature photos by Meghan McGuire
Written & photographed by Tara Zinser
Galentine’s Day is February 13. This year, celebrate your gals with these fun ideas, near or far.
- Keep it small and invite your right-now circle. You might not get to see your childhood besties or college crew, but you can invite your neighbors, roommates, or family members to celebrate.
- The decor can be as simple or as extra as you’d like! We love these scattered heart placements to dress up the table.
Signature cocktails are a must — the pinker, the better. Check out these grapefruit mimosas.
- You can’t go wrong with snacky foods, like charcuterie boards. Customize it however you like, but don’t forget the chocolate covered strawberries!
Galentine’s would be incomplete without waffles. As Leslie Knope says, “We need to remember what’s important in life: friends, waffles, work. Or waffles, friends, work. Doesn’t matter, but work is third.” We love this mini dash heart shaped waffle maker at Target!
Tips for keeping it virtual
- Send your gals an encouraging and uplifting card, telling them just how much they mean to you.
- Not tired of Zoom reunions yet? Get your group together for a virtual happy hour. Send out a cocktail recipe a few days before, play some games, and reminisce on your best memories.
- Send them a sweet surprise, like a coffee-on-you, these heart shaped cookies, or this cupcake sampler box. Treat yourself to this mini Milk Bar cake while you’re at it.